DSP Factory /Windows xp/cakewalk

Discussion about installation, configuration and use of the DS2416 soundcard

DSP Factory /Windows xp/cakewalk

Postby TRI-DEN » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:23 am

Greetings from Arizona USA, I installed my DS2416 card into Emachine T3882 with Windows xp home. I have oringinal driver software from Yamaha. Got card working under XP, installed Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. Tried to play Cakewalk demo to test audio, said I need to install VSWXGdsp.vxd which is on the drivers from Yamaha. I cannot open VSWXGdsp.vxd. Anybody know how to make XP open VSWXGdsp.vxd? Need some help!! Thanks Al
TRI-DEN

Re: DSP Factory /Windows xp/cakewalk

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:38 am

Hi Al,

Welcome to the group.

VSWXGdsp.vxd is part of the Win98 drivers. It is not needed in WinXP. The final release XP drivers are available on my site (http://www.xpi-software.net) if you don't have them already. I would use them rather than anything you might have on a Yamaha disk (which is likely to be an earlier version).

I don't go as far back with Cake as ProAudio - I switched to them (from Steinberg) at the time of SONAR2 - so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to help much. But if you plan to use the DS2416 control software that they semi-integrated into that product (I think), I would warn you that it is, by common consent, pretty dire. You'd be much better off with something like LUI, which is freeware and should still be available somewhere on the web (I can let you have a copy if not).

Best of luck with it.

Cheers, Ian.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby TRI-DEN » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Hello Ian, Thanks for the reply. Got updated drivers it worked. Still messin' with routing mess. I'm not familar with LUI software, googled didn't find. Let me know how to get it. Love the sound of the DSP factory but you're right, not very user friendly. Take it easy, Al
TRI-DEN

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 am

Al, E-mail me (ian at xpi-software dot net) direct and I'll send you LUI. Cheers, Ian.
Ian
Site Admin

Postby TRI-DEN » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Hey Ian, Thanks for all the help. I looked at your software, I didn't get the connection at first. Will give it a closer look after I finish a job I have to do for the next couple of weeks. I'll keep in touch. Thanks again Al
TRI-DEN

Postby pjdgilmour » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Hello Ian, how do I buy the DspCtrl? I live in Brazil.
pjdgilmour

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi pjd,

You can use PayPal directly from my site. If there is a problem with this email me direct (ian at xpi-software dot net) and we'll try to find a workaround.

Cheers, Ian.
Ian
Site Admin

Return to DS2416